Sunday, July 25, 2010

Final Thoughts on Latching....For Now


I have come to the final, final, final decision that I will continue to latch my locs using the Nappyloc tool. I know I've said this before but I just had an amazing breakthrough retightening (sp?) session. I did the best job ever and I'm so much faster!!!! Since the switch to interlocking while I have loved the fact that my locs don't unravel a big plus, especially since I rinse my locs frequently, I have found the process tedious in comparison to palm rolling and time consuming and just ugh! Of course when I've gone to a professional (twice) they were able to retighten my locs quickly, as it should be they are professionals after all! The last time I retightened was in May and I was way, way, way overdue (my hair is growing like weeds y'all!) and it came so effortlessly. I started in the evening one day and finished the following evening and I did a fine job if I do say so myself. I have also come to the realisation that due to my hair texture while extremely curly is fine and prone to breakage so the constant back and forth of palm rolling wasn't doing my hair any favors add to that the fact that I've chosen to wear small locs. My fears of my locs changing shape and not appearing cylindrical were for naught, I've just noticed that my locs feel stronger and I haven't experienced thinning or weak spots in my locs or had to combine. So I've come to peace with my chosen method of maintaining my locs and lovin' it....until I face my next reti LOL!


P.S. Much respect to the ladies who maintain their sisterlocks and micro braidlocs. I know a lot of you have around 400-600 locs on your head whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment