Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm Feeling Good!!!

Hello, Hello, Hello Lovlies!!!
I don't know if it's because Spring is in the air but I'm finally truly over my New Year funk (yes I was still battling that).  I don't know, I just feel all sorts of good, fuzzy, happy energy and what's really weird is that I have no reason for it. What I mean by that, is that nothing has occurred to bring about this light and happy mood. I didn't win the lottery, Idris Elba hasn't proposed *sigh* and I haven't landed that role  where I become a house hold name (yet). So what's up? I don't know!!!! But do we need a reason to feel good? I guess you don't need to justify your happiness or feeling good about yourself. For those of you who have always known this awesome but for others, who like me, are waiting for an event to occur, a goal achieved to truly celebrate themselves, feel good, or feel you have arrived you don't need to! I'm not saying give up on your goals, just that feeling good isn't exclusive to only achieving things.  In theory I've always known this, but this is the first time I'm truly, truly feeling it. Since the beginning of this month I've just been walking on sunshine and enjoying myself just because and it feels AMAZING. I still have the same bills to pay, challenges to overcome but I'm just like cool, it's going to get done and everything is going to be alright. I'm trying not to over think it and just be and ride this happy wave. Actually it's more than a wave, it's an attitude shift and in a twisted way it took my funk to get me here. While in my funk, I wouldn't allow the funk to defeat me, but I acknowledged it, walked right through it and kept telling myself breathe and just take things one day at a time, be in the present. Super hippy dippy I know but here I am feeling good, grounded and strong and still taking things one day at a time and focusing on the present. I'm not punishing myself with the past or getting anxious about the future, two things I can do nothing about. I just focus on the present moment and it feels....liberating.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment