Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Awesomeness that is Meditation!

Helloooo Lovlies!

If you've been keeping up with my lil ole blog posts, you'll remember how towards the end of last year I got into a state of distraction, well what I took from that was wanting to incorporating more focus into my life this year. This led me to starting my journey into daily meditation. Now I've meditated before, group guided meditations, yoga but I never incorporated it as a daily practice in my life. Honeys let  me tell you!!! I freaking love it! I admit that I am a bit hippy dippy so I do tend to gravitate towards esoteric things but meditation has been practiced for thousands of years so it's not some new age woogie woogie stuff. Still for for ye of the more pragmatic ilk, scientific studies have also backed up the benefits of meditation. Meditation helps decrease stress levels, improves immunity, lowers inflammation, sharpens attention and memory and best of all (in my opinion) shown to increase happiness and greater compassion.  Since the mid January I've been taking 10 - 30 minutes every morning to meditate. I like guided meditations and with trusty old YouTube you can find a plethora of guided meditation videos. Within this short period of time, I have noticed that I'm calmer about things going on in my life, I feel more grounded, definitely more focused and I'm getting more things done (notice I've started blogging again).  I've left a few interesting links that give further information on the simple wonder of meditiation:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/meditation/in-depth/meditation/art-20045858
http://www.emmaseppala.com/20-scientific-reasons-to-start-meditating-today/#.VOjZq_nF-So
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/meditation-heals-body-and-mind
 I encourage you to do further research, but do it!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment