Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Embracing Patience

Hello Lovelies,

I don't know even where to begin with this post or how to begin so I'm just going to dive right! I've always had a love / frustration relationship with patience and let's be real there wasn't that much love. I'm the type that when I want something, I want it now!!! When I'm  told to be patient, whether it's about a hairstyle, a job, a relationship I've always had the mentality ," I'm clear on what I want so why I can't I have it now?" and then today eureka/ epiphany moment. I was having an impatient moment and it struck me that maybe my impatience wasn't me being clear on what I want and life having to play catch up, but rather a signal that I was doubtful and lacked trust on the situation or myself (usually a combination of both).  See in the midst of my impatient moment, I realized that if I truly had trust and faith in this situation and  myself, why the rush? If I truly believed in myself and the situation then I don't need to force anything to happen, get all in a tizzy, hurry myself up, I can just (you guessed it) be patient, it's going to happen. When that hit me I felt lighter, clearer and focused, it was an awesome feeling. I had never seen the relationship between trust and patience before. Being patient doesn't mean that something is going to take forever, draw out and be this long arduous test of self discipline, unless I chose to make it so. With my impatience I was letting doubt and fear into the scenario, thus pushing my objective even further away or even blocking it? In being patient I can clearly focus on what I need to get done, do the things that are within my control and trust and have faith that the outcome is going to be the best one for me.  How productive, stress free and awesome is that! So patience, I look at the beginning of a new and valued relationship between you and I. I'll wrap this up with a Swahili Proverb, "Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far".

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment