Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What Do you Want?!?

Hey Loves,

Recently I've been having a some interesting conversations with my female friends and a lot of it circulates around relationships. Now I am in no way shape or form a relationship expert at all, not even remotely close, but something that struck me when listening to my friends' woes was that not once in the conversation did they state what they wanted. How on earth can one expect any form of resolution? I look at things like this, whether it be a love, family, friend or work relationship you leave yourself so vulnerable to confusion if you don't know what the heck you want.   Confusion can lead to frustration, anger, fear and a whole plethora of self defeating behavior that gets us nowhere. I feel a lot of times we are so focused on what is wrong and get so overwhelmed by our emotions we never figure out what we want and end up feeling lost. So rather than let all those feelings bog us down, which does no one any good, let's look at them as indicators of, maybe I need to figure out what the f@#ck I want! Once you know what you want, you can start to figure out what you need to do in order to get it and what you'll need from the other person. Simple, right?  And as with a lot of simple things in life they get lost in the noise of drama, because simple things usually come without bells and whistles and  force you to confront/acknowledge things you just might not want to. On that note,  next time that feeling of plateau, frustration or you're at your wit's end at another person or situation, check in to make sure you at least know what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment