Monday, November 9, 2015

Blacstrap Molasses and Why You Might Need This in Your Life


I had never really heard about blackstrap molassess until I had to buy a big old jar for my cherry lola treatment (refer back to my post on Max Hydration Method). Once I was done with the treatment, I was stuck with this big jar that I didn't know what to do with it. I decided to check the worldwide internet to see what to do with this stuff and boy oh boy am I excited about incorporating this black, luscious gem into my diet and beauty regimen. Blackstrap molasses is a byproduct of the sugar cane refining process but unlike sugar it 's chocked full of minerals and vitamins. This baby has magnesium and calcium which makes it great for your bones. Blackstrap molasses is a good source of iron making it a great addition for those who suffer from anemia, is a diabetic friendly sweetener, and filled with potassium. Now on to its hair benefits, it has been shown to help with grey hair, frizz and softer hair. There haven't been any scientific studies done but the anecdotal testimonies definitely got me curious enough to add this to some of my hair mixes.
I've been adding blacstrap molasses as a sweetener to my herbal teas, or sometimes just to boiling water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (strange, but tastes surprisingly good) or when I have hot cereal. I add it to my henna mix and bentonite clay mix.  This stuff is super sticky and viscose so I would always advise to use it with warm water or liquid for any hair or skin purposes. Oh, and did I mention that this stuff is cheap, winning!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment