Monday, August 2, 2010

Hazelnut Oil (A great one for us oily skin folks!)

I have a new oil love....Hazelnut Oil!!!! I came across it while doing some shopping on Mountain Rose Herbs. When I read their brief description and that it was good for people with oily skin my curiosity was piqued. Without doing my usual preliminary Google research, I went ahead and ordered a bottle.  I used it in an oil concoction that I use for my eye area and on my face when it feels dry or tight.  Folks, LET ME TELL YOU! I love, love, love this oil. It makes a great carrier oil, absorbs into the skin wonderfully and doesn't leave you feeling greasy or sticky.  Now some facts about this oil. Hazelnut oil is high in vitamin E making it a great emollient, quick skin absorption while moisturizing and slow to go rancid (store it in a cool, dark place of course). It has poly phenols which is a big buzz in the beauty industry right now for their possible regenerative properties on skin. It's high concentration of poly phenols specifically flavonoids, catechins and tannins that classify it as a dry or astringent oil (translation: why your skin won't feel greasy). It contains quite a few minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. It can offer some mild UV protection  and is used in a lot of sun protection products but don't go throwing out your sunscreen just yet! I'm loving the way this feels on my skin and it has not broken me out I mix it along with my jojoba oil as my carrier base (you can check out the vid I did on my YouTube channel).  I haven't used it on my hair yet but I will keep you guys posted.

p.s. yes it's edible too!

No comments:

Post a Comment