Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dye Job Success!

I've been feeling a bit blah about my hair and needed a change so I decided to add some color and this time I ventured away from henna.  I have to admit I was a bit fearful at first because of the havoc I did to my last set of locs thanks to constant coloring, butI was craving some intense color. To ease myself into using commercial hair dyes I tried Naturtint which I bought at Whole Foods. This has to be the most gentle permanent hair dye ever!!! No ammonia, no resorcinol, no parabans and with selected certified organic ingredients.  The smell of the dye was nice, since when does permanent hair dye smell nice?!? I gotthe color Fireland which is kind of like a cherry red and I'm lovin' it. For those with dark hair who want a more vibrant color, you'd probably have to lighten your hair first, then deposit the color (I would recommend leaving that double process to professionals). It's been three days since I colored my hair and my locs feel soft, color still looks good.  I tried to take some pictures but my crap camera doesn't really do the color justice. One last observation if your hair is my length or longer try and get someone to help you in depositing the color, I really could've used an extra pair of hands. 

Keep Well Lovelies!

P.S. I'll have details for my first contest!!! I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. This color looks gorgeous on you and you did a great job of coloring your locs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you did an excellent job coloring your hurr :o) I want to color my locs, again, but, I must wait till next year, considering I just died my locs black. But, will try this product. Your locs grew and they look healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!! The color is hot! I love it! Can't wait for some color on mine, but I'll be waiting a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much, I am loving!!!! this color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete