Friday, October 21, 2011

I've added MSM to The Mix

MSM otherwise known as Methyl Sulfonyl Methane is a nutrient our body uses for healthy connective tissues and joint function, proper enzyme activity and hormone balance, along with proper function of the immune system.  So why am I taking taking it? Well for my hair of course! I was lurking on YouTube and noticed videos where a few people who were taking biotin also added MSM, because it aids in prolonging the growth stage of your hair.  Since my new loc obsession is achieving length, this supplement caught my eye and I did some research on it. While MSM does help in healthy skin and hair, it does so many other amazing things for the body that I had to add it to my rotation. I've been taking the vitamin for about 3 weeks now and as with any supplement this is not an instant miracle. I like to give supplements about 3 months to start noticing any benefits.  I bought my supplements from Trader Joe's in pill form but will switch over to taking MSM in powder form based on further research that I've done showing that this is the most beneficial way to take it.  Aside for it's beauty benefits those who suffer from joint problems, athletes (or regular exercisers) and the average Jane or Joe could benefit from this supplement. Here is the disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or any other certified whatever. Should you decide to try MSM, do your research. I've left the link to a great article about it http://www.nutriteam.com/msm.htm, check with your doctor and all that other good stuff. These are just my thoughts and experiences and discoveries that I wanted to share with you lovely folks. Have a Wonderful Week-end.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm on my 3rd day and my intention is to see how I feel in a month. I run and if it will help with my joint recovery I'm all for it. The other plus' are great hair and skin too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been noticing a difference in my yoga classes!

    ReplyDelete