Friday, August 10, 2012

My First Twist Out!

Hello Dears,



Just wanted to quickly share you with you my first twist out!  To be honest it's my third, but the first time I went public with it:) Seven months and my hair is now long enough to twist up.  I didn't like the results of the first two attempts, it was just a frizzy mess. This time though success! I pinned the sides down with bobby pins to give a more Mohawk effect (unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the final look). I was a little nervous debuting the new style but I received a lot of compliments to help boost my confidence. I did the twists on freshly co washed hair. After washing my hair, I put in Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner as my leave in and  Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I left the twists in for a day and when I undid them I smoothed some sweet almond oil all over my hair. I love the results. The difference between this attempt and the last two was adding the curl enhancing smoothie. While the conditioner is great at moisturizing my hair, it's not a great styler and that's where the Shea Moisture comes in. It left my hair soft and defined. I will definitely be revisiting this style again.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment