Monday, August 6, 2012

Bio Oil Trial With a Little Side Eye




Hello Lovelies,
So I'm hopping on the bio oil bandwagon. I had no intention of trying bio oil, but I found myself wandering into ULTA (a makeup and beauty salon chain store in the USA) for nothing in particular, I was just in the mood to buy something I didn't need.  I saw the small bottle of bio oil on sale for $9.00.   What I've heard about this oil is you either love it or hate it. The Bio oil claims  are, " smooths and tones scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It is also effective for aging and dehydrated skin." . The oil contains the "breakthrough" ingredient PurCellin Oil (a laboratory recreation of the preen gland oil of ducks, and acts as the delivery system for Bio Oils other ingredients). I'm very skeptical of this product, the first ingredient is mineral oil and while there are some extracts and oils I like there's also a bunch of junk I find questionable and it smells like Johnson's baby oil (which also is just mineral oil). But there has been so much worldwide hype about this stuff that my curiosity has gotten the better of me and it was on sale. I'm using it on my face (I don't have stretch marks) to see if it will help even out my skin tone. I'm on day 2 of using the oil, I use it morning and night and one drop is sufficient for my entire face and neck. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and so far I find the oil absorbs very well into my skin and my face doesn't look oily or feel greasy. I begrudgingly say my face feels very well moisturized and has a nice glow to it, I appreciate this since I do suffer from dehydrated skin here in LA. The product hasn't broken me out yet, but then again it's only been two days. The instructions say to use the product for a full three months in order to see full results and that is what I intend to do. You can find Bio oil at any drugstore. Based on the ingredient list I think it's overpriced, but if you're only using it a drop at a time it will last a very, very long time.  So I've posted a pic of what my skin looks like now and I'll update again in one month's time to see if I'm noticing any improvements.  If any of you have used this I would love to hear your experience with it!

Ciao:)
day 2 of using bio oil (I'm not wearing any makeup)

No comments:

Post a Comment