Sunday, March 24, 2013

A.J. Crimson BB Cream Review


Hello My Dears,

So I needed to share the news of one of my new favorite makeup items, it's been a while since I've been this happy with a makeup product. While the whole BB cream craze was/is going on,  women of color were left out (surprise, surprise). A few tried (I use that word loosely) to address us: Smashbox, Maybelline, Iman (this year), Sleek and Gosh (the latter two are only available in the UK). The only one I tried was Gosh and that broke me out. Thanks to YouTube I was introduced to the A. J. Crimson BB cream. A. J. is a makeup artist to the stars and has his own line of foundations and powders specifically for women of color (hoorah!). I was intrigued and had to order this product. I ordered shade no.3 and I'm in love. The product has a consistency between a cream and a mousse. A little goes a long way and it gives a wonderful even, light natural looking coverage. It doesn't feel like I have any makeup on my skin at all. The product does oxidize so don't be alarmed at the light color that comes out of the tube. I've been reaching for this over my tinted moisturizers because it is a perfect match, I need to write that again , it is a PERFECT color match for my skin. I love the fact that he has various shades with different undertones starting from shade 2-8. I wear it after I've put on my spf face moisturizer as the product has no spf protection. If you have oily skin (like me) you might want to set with a powder. I'm so happy with this product I went ahead and ordered a second tube and right now he's selling his BB creams for only $10!!!!!  and you get 2oz. I could go on and on, but pictures speak louder than words....
P.S. His site http://ajcrimson.myshopify.com/collections/skin-flawless-stick-foundations
shade no.3, right out of the tube
me wearing the bb cream
P.P. S. There are some great reviews on YouTube (including mine, shameless plug)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there...Loved your youtube video regarding the BB Cream by AJ Crimson. Im interested in buying Aj Crimsons BB cream. On the website the BB cream is called "BB Cream+D" is that the one that you are using in your youtube video? Help!

    ReplyDelete