Monday, July 20, 2009

Re-tightning Success


So I was due for a retightning. Since buying my nappyloc tool I have only done one retightning session, it's been over a month and after my last wash and condition (last Wednesday) I could see that I had quite a bit of new growth and I was due. I gotta be honest, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it because of the time consuming factor, it took me hours!!!!!!! I did it all in one session and I kid you not I think it took me 10hrs. The benefits though, no unravelling and less product sigh, made me commit to another session, because I was tempted to just go back to my palmrolling with gel. Well this time there was such a difference it took me half the time, I had nothing to do that day and while watching movies I actually found it pretty soothing, like when I used to palm roll. Ladies who are just starting to latch here is what helped make the process soooooo much easier for me this time and maybe it might help you. After washing my hair and towel drying I sectioned my hair into four ponytails, then I would focus on one section at a time, I pulled a loc out latched it (SO MUCH EASIER WHEN WET!) then clip the freshly latched loc with a duckbill clip, this really helps in preventing accidentally latching two locs together. I know these instructions seem simple, but they cut my latching session time in half! So I hope these tips help.
P.S. I'm also curious to see if there is a noticable difference between where I've latched and where I palmrolled. I don't see any now and I've found mixed reviews online from peopele who switched techniques, I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment