Friday, July 24, 2009

Two and A Half Years!!!




Wow! I was having I just love my hair moment, which I have to say has been happening on a frequent basis, I Love it! LOCS ARE AMAZING!!! whew! had to get it out of my system and give a loc shout out lol! Anyways it hit me that I've been on my loc journey for 2 1/2 years! From those shiny comb coils, to the wild budding days and I loved it when my hair was sticking all on end, I felt so wild and that my hair was a crown. Now my hair is starting to graze my shoulder and I'm beginning to have to put it up when it starts getting too hot here in Lala land and for when I go to the gym. I love the fact that I can just get up and go and not worry about doing my hair, that I can choose whether I go to a hairdresser or not, that I can wash my hair anytime I want to, swim, exercise,travel without having to stress about my hair. Locs have given me total freedom and a love that has spread from not only my hair but to how I see and treat myself. Through my locing journey I have/am learning to embrace and love me as I am, I've noticed I've become less obsessed with all that is "wrong" with me and enjoying myself, loving myself and accepting myself. I believe in what I can achieve and know that my goals for my life are all within my reach. Amazing! I am so glad to be on this journey and I look forward to where it takes me!

2 comments: