Monday, November 14, 2011

Loving Grape seed Oil

Hello, hello, hello Lovelies!
Well as the weather is getting cooler (even in LA), I've been drying my hair under the hair dryer almost every time I do a rinse or shampoo. In order to protect my hair from the heat, I've been on the lookout for a  heat protectant but was not really impressed with what I've seen on the store shelves. I did a quick google search to find a natural heat protectant for the hair and up popped grape seed oil. Why have I been sleeping on this oil?!? I picked up a bottle at Trader Joe's cost me around $4 for 17 fl. oz!!! And guess what, it works wonderfully! But it's not just what it's doing for my hair that has me so ecstatic, and overusing exclamation points,  but what it's doing for my skin! I use it on my face as a moisturizer and combined with my orange butter this stuff is doing wonders. My skin is moisturized without feeling greasy, it won't clog your pores and great for those with oily, acne prone skin. Also it is great for anti aging too! The oil is lighter than olive oil but slightly heavier than jojoba, makes a great carrier oil, you can find this oil at pretty much any supermarket, health food store, online and it's inexpensive! Why, why, why am I so late to the game about this oil? I will never know but it's becoming my new love. And if you didn't know it's edible too, so use it for salad dressings, pasta, etc., Bellas check out grape seed oil and if you're already using it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
Cheers!
P.S. For more info here's a good article http://www.foreverlookingood.com/benefits-of-grape-seed-oil

2 comments: