Monday, September 10, 2012

Discovery and Joy at Melrose Trading Post!


artwork by Jimmy Varketta  http://varketta.com/

Hello Beauties!!
I hope you all had a wonderful week-end of fun and rest. I had to work part of the week-end but got to play on Sunday on my first venture to the  Melrose Trading Post flea market here in Los Angeles.  I love flea markets and why it took me so long to venture to this one, especially because I live quite close to it, still confounds me. I got to enjoy the awesomeness of this place, thanks to a dear friend who took me with her. All you antique, art, furniture, fashion and jewelry lovers  this is your oasis. Held every Sunday in the parking lot of the Fairfax High School in Los Angeles from 9am to 5pm, which is perfect for those of us who need to sleep in. There is street parking and you pay a $2 entrance fee to get into the market. I can't properly express how much I love this place there were clothes (used, new and original designs), one vendor just sold all sorts of boots, handmade soaps, I could go on and on and on... One artist's work in particular caught my eye, his name is Jimmy Varketta. He paints amazing pieces, with powerful messages and his prices are jaw droppingly cheap, the piece I have pictured here is going for only $500!!! I myself bought some crystals from the lovely Lenice (more on her later).  So for all of you blessed to be living in the LA area or visiting LA on a Sunday, the Melrose Trading Post is a must! The vendors are great, you get to chat with them, learn about their wares and make sure to bring your haggling skills with you.  There is also a food court and musicians:)While many of the vendors do take debit/credit cards, you'll be able to bargain better if you can pay in cash. So lovelies have a wonderful week and who knows maybe one Sunday I'll see you at the flea market.
For more info on the Melrose Trading Post: http://melrosetradingpost.org/
Check out Jimmy Varketta's work and let him know Konima sent you! http://varketta.com/
entrance to the market

No comments:

Post a Comment