Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MY Hair Anniversary!!!!

Jan.13, 2013 (hair is pinned back on the sides)
Jan.15, 2012
A Year goes by Fast huh? Last year this time I big chopped (BC)  for the 4th, yes 4th time and I have to say I'm enjoying the 4th time the best. The first time I BC'd was very freeing but I quickly entered the land of and now what? which led me to locs, my 2nd BC was to celebrate me moving to Los Angeles  but I still didn't know how to take care of my natural hair, I hadn't done a really good job on my locs either, 3rd BC was due to my mistake and stupidity of putting a texturizer in my hair (aaargh!!! Serious Hair Regret!!). I went back to locs and this time around was such a great experience, because I finally knew how to take care of my hair.  Now here we are to the present, a year later since I cut off my locs, and I'm loving my loose hair because I know how to take care of it. There are some things I'm still figuring out (detangling, styling options, the usual), but so far this journey is great. My routine hasn't changed much. I still co-wash and bounce around with conditioners I use for that, just as long as they don't have silicone and they are cheap:). My  conditioner and leave in of choice are Tresemme Naturals or Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, I have a homemade spritz that I use too. I mostly wear my hair in twists using my own hair butter mix and when I'm going out I just wear a twist out. When I was in Canada, to protect my hair from the cold I wore wigs (first time!) and it was so much fun and easy that I'm definitely going to add this to my style list when I feel like switching things up.  I'm looking forward to my hair growth journey and trying future styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment