Friday, February 8, 2013

Finger Detangling Hair Challenge

So I'm learning never say never, at least when it comes to taking care of my hair.  One of the things I am retracting on is that I would never finger detangle my hair. I think when I would hear women describe the process it sounded so tedious and I just couldn't imagine myself doing that with my beautiful kinky, coily mass (4c for you hair typing folks).  Then while I was having a moment of being a YouTube zombie I came across a video of a lady finger detangling her hair and something just clicked. Why this video was different than others I had seen on the subject? I'm not sure, maybe it was her saying she did this as opposed to wasting water while detangling in the shower and I had just recently nearly died of shock at my recent water bill. So I slapped some conditioner in my hair (VO5 clarifying) and began the tedious process of finger detangling. My hair was already in two strand twists so that made it easy (I highly suggest sectioning your hair off) and I noticed how little hair came out compared to when I detangle with a comb. Yes it does take longer than using a comb but the significant amount of hair retained has got me thinking I should switch, not to mention the using of less water.  So I have embarked on a one month finger detangling challenge and encourage my loose naturals to join me. Check out the video that inspired me to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment